Stay Safe Online!
Here are some excellent TOP TIPS for online safety AND some links to excellent websites..
- DO NOT give out personal details online e.g. your real name, your address, your telephone numbers or your email address when chatting, posting or messaging online.
- DO always keep your usernames and passwords secret.
- DO NOT meet up with people you only know online unless you have your parents/carers permission and they can go with you.
- DO NOT accept emails, messages, or open files, images or texts from people you don’t know or trust as they may contain viruses or nasty messages!
- Can you trust them or it? People online might lie about who they are and information on the Internet may not be true. Always check information by looking at other websites, in books, or with someone who knows. If you like chatting online it’s best to only chat to your real world friends and family.
- DO tell a parent, carer or a trusted adult if someone, or something, makes you feel uncomfortable or worried, or if you or someone you know is being bullied online.
Online Safety Quiz: